Not to toot my own horn, but this soup was sooo good, that even with a double batch, there were hardly any leftovers! Will's exact quote, "this was literally the best soup I've ever had!"
The homemade bone broth (which can be made in Instant Pot or Crockpot) is really the icing on the cake, plus adds so many nourishing minerals!
This is also a great “kitchen sink” recipe; you don’t need exact amounts of any veggie included, and could anything else you have on hand. You just want broth to cover whatever amount of food you have in your pot!
Warming Vegetable + Beef Stew:
- 2 leeks
- 2 tsp. garlic or 1-2 cloves, minced
- Bunch of carrots
- Potatoes or yams
- 100% grass-fed group beef (can also use white beans)
- Herbs + spices: turmeric, oregano, sea salt + pepper
- Bunch of kale
- Bone broth (likely 2 boxes if not homemade)
1. Chop leeks (remove end + stem, plus top layer) and add to large pot with garlic. Sauté until caramelized (add water as needed, scraping the pan). Add spices + herbs here too.
2. Add ground beef and sauté until browned.
3. While #1 and 2 are cooking, chop all other veggies and add to pot, minus the kale (order doesn’t matter).
4. Add bone broth to cover. Cover and cook for 10-15 min on medium heat (until vegetables are al dente).
5. Add kale last, just stir in (it’ll cook in hot soup).
6. Taste! And season more as desired.